YpsoMate – the 2-step autoinjector
The YpsoMate autoinjector is an automated disposable injection device for 1 mL long pre-filled glass or polymer syringes suitable for all patient groups. The device is triggered by push-on-skin activation which is convenient, ergonomic and preferred by patients.
- Push-on-skin release for most simple and ergonomic handling
- Clear confirmation “clicks” and large viewing window for optimum patient confidence and control
- Slim, short and pleasing design provides distinct differentiation for your drug
- Individual designs for different target patient groups
- Proven platform product for low risk and short time to market
- Compatible with SmartPilot to upgrade into a fully connected device
Discover the YpsoMate autoinjector
Handling steps Remove cap and push on skin – as simple as that
Design and customisation Your drug deserves a unique presentation
The design can be customised for individual dosing requirements or modified to accommodate alternative syringes e.g. 2.25 mL.
The illustrations show some of the possibilities to vary shape and colors based on the defined limits of the manufacturing equipment. If specific patient groups or demand for differentiation in a specific market calls for a completely new outer shape, Ypsomed is in a position to offer a new device version with custom design that still relies on proven platform technology.
YpsoMate Design utilises an outer shell structure that allows freedom to generate a unique, pleasing and ergonomically optimised shape. In addition it is possible to use different surface materials or structures to improve the grip and to emphasise how to hold and use the device.
Customisation and manufacturing
- Configuration capabilities for different fill volumes and viscosities allow the use of the platform for multiple projects
- Simple end-assembly process and technical support from Ypsomed assure low cost of goods
- Compatible with glass and polymer syringes from all major manufacturers
Simply a perfect design Meeting patient needs and pharma industry requirements
- Optimized ergonomics provides good grip and control
- Needle hidden at all times for increased comfort
- Patient controlled needle insertion
- Audible confirmation “clicks” after needle insertion, end of injection and activation of needle protection increase patient confidence
- Front shoulder syringe support irrespective of needle shield type increases product safety
- Syringe window covered by transparent plastic to increase product safety in the case of syringe breakage during transport or after dropping
- Syringe window can be coloured upon request for light sensitive products
- The needle is shielded before, during and after use to avoid accidental needle stick injuries
- Roll-stop built in by unique square, ergonomic design
- Reusable trainer device available to simulate and practice the use of real devices by patients and doctors
YpsoMate with the standard square shape is compatible with the reusable SmartPilot add-on. SmartPilot for YpsoMate enables user guidance and advanced adherence monitoring as it transforms the proven YpsoMate autoinjector into a fully connected smart product system.
- Tracking and wireless transmission of injection events and outcomes e.g. handling errors or missed uses
- In-use patient guidance throughout the injection process e.g. advice on holding time
- NFC-based identification of combination product label to increase patient safety
Dimensions Facts and figures
- Primary container1 mL long ½” PFS, with cut flange or small round flange
- Fill volume0.2 – 1.0 mL
- DosingFixed, complete content
- Viscosity1 – 35 cP1
- Needle diameter29G TW and larger
- Injection time<10 s
- PFS needle shieldRigid or soft
- Needle insertion depth5 – 8 mm
- End of injection feedbackAudible and visual
- Weight35 g incl. glass PFS
1 Feasibility testing with filled syringes recommended for new drugs. With a larger needle diameter viscosities above 100 cP are feasible.