SmartPilot – Transforming YpsoMate into a smart product system
SmartPilot for YpsoMate enables advanced adherence monitoring by transforming the proven YpsoMate autoinjector into a fully connected smart product system. It supports the seamless provision of therapy-relevant data to patients, physicians, and other healthcare stakeholders. In so doing, it takes up both market and technology needs to adopt smart devices to improve therapy outcomes.
- Bluetooth®-based wireless tracking of injection date, time and success
- Advanced patient guidance throughout the injection process
- NFC-based identification of combination product label to increase patient safety
- YpsoMate autoinjector compatibility with SmartPilot without further changes
- No need to charge SmartPilot during its entire lifetime
SmartPilot to improve therapy outcomes Both market and technology are driving smart device adoption
- Compact and low-cost processing power and data storage
- Sensor miniaturisation and energy efficiency
- Network benefits of ubiquitous wireless connectivity
- Trend towards outcome-based payments
- Need to analyse real-world drug effectiveness
- Improving patient support and convenience
Towards advanced adherence monitoring
Transforming YpsoMate into a connected smart system No physical modification to YpsoMate
SmartPilot provides advanced adherence tracking without requiring any physical modification to the YpsoMate autoinjector. It enables the use of advanced adherence monitoring services during clinical trials and as part of life cycle management following commercial launch.
Introducing a mature smart device platform Innovation targeted product attributes
Advanced tracking and guidance
SmartPilot tracks usage of YpsoMate autoinjector Capturing injection result including potential use errors
- Real-time tracking of injection events
- Drug identification (incl. batch number, expiry date, etc.)
- Injection date and time
- Successful injection
- Injection interrupted
- Holding time deviation
- Bluetooth®-based wireless transmission of injection events to mobile application
- Injection events (date, time and result) are recorded on SmartPilot local memory for later read-out
- Compatible with third-party therapy management app
Step-by-step user guidance to avoid handling errors Visual and audible feedback throughout the injection process
Couple YpsoMate autoinjector with SmartPilot and get information on drug identity, batch number and expiry date.
Perform the injection and automatically transfer data to mobile application.
Remove from skin after completion of injection including holding time.
Discard YpsoMate save SmartPilot for future use, and rate perceived experience when performing self-injection.
These handling instructions are for marketing purposes only and do not replace the instruction for use of the product.
Patient-centred user interface
Industrial design provides further patient guidance Design attributes support each use step
Patient guidance even in absence of mobile application Clear communication of YpsoMate use status
Both visual and audible feedback are implemented to minimise use errors e.g. holding time. SmartPilot for YpsoMate guides patients throughout the injection process including feedback once the drug has reached room temperature.
Adding a new dimension to patient safety
Authentication of the combination product Recognising smart NFC-based labels on YpsoMate
SmartPilot recognises smart Near Field Communication (NFC)-based labels on YpsoMate notifying patients of the correct dose strength and checking that the drug has not expired.
- Correct product: Ensure that the drug product is not a counterfeit
- Simplify expiry management: Relate real-time with the expiry date
- Check usage: Ensure that correct YpsoMate is used e.g. dosing intervals and dose strength
- Support recalls: Manage products recalls through cloud-based device serialisation
Facilitating intuitive and secure Bluetooth® pairing
NFC-based touch-to-pair improves ease-of-use A convenient and secure means to establish Bluetooth® connectivity
NFC-based touch-to-pair provides a more convenient and secure means to establish Bluetooth® connectivity. A NFC-enabled smartphone is placed close to SmartPilot. Credentials are automatically exchanged via NFC, with the close proximity preventing other smartphones from pairing with SmartPilot.
Enabling integration with broader ecosystems
Simplifying integration via web-based interfaces Embedding SmartPilot in a digital ecosystem
YDS SmartServices embed SmartPilot in a broader digital ecosystem. The digital services provide a turnkey solution to simplify adherence monitoring and provide secure smart device integration. SmartPilot for YpsoMate may be integrated into clinical trials and commercial patient monitoring programs.